Joseph Aisner is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician who handles cases that include malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Serves as center’s chief of Oncology Division and co-leader of Clinical Investigations Research Program.
- Research interests touch upon cancer supportive care, new drug development and applications, and participation in clinical trials.
- Author or co-author of more than 600 publications.
- Editorial board member of multiple journals.
- Teaches at Rutgers University Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Fellow of American College of Physicians and American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Held leadership positions with several professional societies; member of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Executive Committee.
- Recipient of American Lung Association (New Jersey chapter) 2008 Sir William Osler Award.
- Named a “Top Doctor” by New Jersey magazine (2001-12), NJ Savvy Living magazine (2011-12), Inside Jersey magazine (2013), and New York magazine (2001–2012).
- M.D. degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine.