Mark S. Allen is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who specializes in mesothelioma.
- Known for an ability to perform extraordinarily complicated surgical procedures in the pleural region.
- Research focuses on cancer epidemiology and genetics; currently the principal investigator in a clinical trial involving surgical removal of all lymph nodes in the chest to determine how effective that strategy is at halting the spread of tumors from the vicinity of the lungs.
- Principal author or co-author of approximately 200 papers and journal articles.
- Teaches at Mayo Medical School.
- Serves as chair of the Society of Thoracic Surgery’s General Thoracic Workforce and as a director of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
- M.D. degree from Hahnemann University.