Scott J. Antonia is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician who investigates potentially more effective ways of beating back malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Noted for research emphasizing novel immunotherapeutic strategies.
- Designed and conducted numerous first-in-man clinical trials with novel immunotherapeutics, including tumor-cell vaccines made from genes modified to trigger anti-tumor responses from the patient’s own immune system.
- Invented and patented two innovative pieces of cancer-treatment technology.
- Research supported by National Cancer Institute.
- Written approximately 70 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Teaches at University of South Florida College of Medicine.
- Named a Castle Connolly “America’s Top Doctor” (2009-12), “Top Doctor for Cancer” (2009-12), and “Top Doctors: Florida” (2009).
- M.D. degree from University of Connecticut Health Center.
- Ph.D. degree from University of Connecticut Health Center.