Richard J. Battafarano specializes in mesothelioma and is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon.
- Advocates using minimally invasive, robot-assisted, laparoscopic, and video-assisted thoracic surgeries when appropriate.
- Research focus includes developing procedures and processes to improve surgical management of early stage cancer.
- Teaches at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- Serves as director of the hospital’s Division of General Thoracic Surgery; regional director of General Thoracic Surgery for the Johns Hopkins hospital system.
- M.D. degree from Drexel University College of Medicine.
- Ph.D. degree from University of Minnesota.