Thomas L. Bauer is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, American Society of Surgical Oncology, and College of Chest Physicians, and is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats mesothelioma.
- Affiliated with all hospitals in the Meridian Health system (Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Bayshore Community Hospital, Ocean Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Southern Ocean Medical Center).
- Has initiated and led research projects (some funded by the National Institute of Health) aimed at advancing the treatment of pleural-region cancers, developing advanced 3D medical imaging and virtual bronchoscopy techniques, and studying the epidemiological aspects of malignancies.
- Previously taught at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University and University of Delaware.
- Named a “Top Doc” by Delaware Today.
- Diplomate of American Board of Medical Examiners.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgery, Pennsylvania Association for Thoracic Surgery, Association of Academic Surgery, Philadelphia Academy of Surgeons, General Thoracic Surgery Club, and American Association for Cancer Research.
- M.D. degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University.