Joel M. Baumgartner is a board-certified general surgeon who treats peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Excellent bedside manner, positive attitude.
- Research focuses on preventing cancer recurrence in the peritoneal region through use of innovative approaches, such as cytoreductive surgery combined with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion.
- Authored or co-authored approximately a dozen articles on cancer gene biology and treatment techniques.
- Teaches at University of California San Diego School of Medicine.
- Member of the American College of Surgeons.
- M.D. degree from Indiana University School of Medicine.