Timothy S. Blackwell is a board-certified critical care, internal medicine and pulmonology physician who studies mesothelioma in the hope of discovering better treatments.
- Director of center’s Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care.
- Investigates development of mesothelioma, paying particular attention to mechanisms by which chronic inflammation alters the lung microenvironment and paves the way for tumors to begin.
- Extensive publishing history of medical and scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Teaches at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
- M.D. degree from University of Alabama at Birmingham.