Raphael Bueno is a board-certified general, critical care and thoracic surgeon who specializes in mesothelioma.
- Serves as chief of the hospital’s Division of Thoracic Surgery.
- Led a team that developed a promising test to accurately identify mesothelioma patients likely to benefit from specific types of surgery.
- Active clinical researcher engaged in characterizing how malignant pleural mesothelioma behaves at the molecular level so that someday people on the verge of developing the disease can be helped before it strikes.
- Current participant in the International Mesothelioma Program’s tumor sequencing initiative.
- Teaches at Harvard Medical School
- M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School