Robert J. Cerfolio is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who diagnoses and treats mesothelioma victims.
- Advocates use of fine-needle aspiration biopsy technique to minimize patient discomfort.
- Promoter of robotics in the operating room to simplify and improve surgery.
- Received 2010 James H. Estes Endowed Chair for Lung Cancer Research.
- Teaches at University of Alabama Medical School.
- Won Patients’ Choice Award for excellence in medical care every year since 2008.
- Member of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- M.D. degree from University of Rochester School of Medicine.