John Cho is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada, specializing in radiation oncology.
- Credited, as lead investigator, with developing the Surgery for Mesothelioma After Radiation Therapy (SMART) approach to treating mesothelioma.
- Participates as a member of the Canadian Mesothelioma Foundation.
- Serves as an assistant professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Toronto.
- Works as a radiation oncologist at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
- Research interests include malignant pleural mesothelioma and lung stereotactic body radiotherapy, in addition to lung cancer, breast cancer, high-precision radiotherapy and intensity modulated radiotherapy.
- M.D. degree from Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada.