Albert de Hoyos is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon and a board-certified pulmonologist. He is experienced in the management of mesothelioma.
- Earlier directed the Center for Robotic and Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Previously served as Chief of Thoracic Surgery at the Jesse Brown VA Hospital in Chicago.
- Proponent of robotic surgery, video-assisted thoracic surgery, interventional and navigational bronchoscopy, and laser surgery.
- Authored peer-reviewed clinical journal articles on the value of radiofrequency ablation in the treatment of lung tumors.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and American College of Chest Physicians.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American College of Chest Physicians, and American Medical Association.
- M.D. degree from the University of Nuevo Leon in Monterrey, Mexico.