Frank C. Detterbeck is a board-certified general surgeon who specializes in the treatment of lung cancers, including mesothelioma.
- Serves as cancer center’s associate director.
- Clinical interests revolve around thoracic oncology; advocates evidence-based care, minimally invasive procedures, and multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Research focuses on cancer biology, imaging techniques, prognostic markers and multimodality forms of treatment.
- Authored more than 150 book chapters and peer-reviewed papers.
- Teaches at Yale University School of Medicine; holds post of school’s chief of Thoracic Surgery.
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons and American College of Chest Physicians.
- Holds leadership positions in many professional societies associated with thoracic surgery.
- Frequently invited to lecture at institutions and international meetings.
- M.D. degree from Northwestern University.