Jonathan E. Dowell is a board-certified medical oncology, hematology and internal medicine physician who treats mesothelioma victims.
- Serves as program director of the hospital’s Hematology Oncology Fellowship Program.
- Excellent bedside manner and insistence that patients be well-educated about the disease so that they can make the most informed treatment decisions possible.
- Active investigator in the institution’s clinical research program; research focuses on targeted therapies for treatment of mesothelioma.
- Authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles discussing the results of clinical trials of new drugs and therapies.
- Teaches at University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and American Society of Hematology.
- Named a 2012 “Top Ten Doctor.”
- M.D. degree from University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.