Mark R. Dylewski is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon acclaimed for his work in the development of robotic-assisted procedures to treat malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Renowned for pioneering the techniques by which the robot removes cancer from the pleura and lung regions without the need of spreading the ribs.
- Serves as medical director of the institution’s general thoracic and robotic surgery units.
- Clinical interest in use of multimodality therapy and minimally invasive techniques for treating mesothelioma.
- Authored several peer-reviewed journal articles exploring the promise of robotic-assisted surgery.
- Member of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Network, General Thoracic Surgical Club, and Southern Thoracic Surgical Association.
- Won 2011 Patients’ Choice Award and 2011 Compassionate Doctor Recognition.
- Listed in “Top Doctors: Florida.”
- M.D. degree from University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.