Alexander S. Farivar is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon recognized for a care philosophy that puts mesothelioma patients’ needs first.
- Serves as surgical director of institution’s Pleural Diseases Department
- Advocates use of robot-assisted and thoracoscopic surgery when appropriate.
- Research focuses on improving multimodality treatment methods and performance of extrapleural pneumonectomies.
- Authored a number of book chapters and reviews, authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed articles in professional journals, and delivered many presentations on cancer topics.
- Teaches at Swedish Medical Center.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and American College of Chest Physicians.
- Voted a “Top Doctor” in Seattle magazine (2013) and in Seattle Metropolitan magazine (2011-12).
- M.D. degree from Boston University Medical School.