Raja M. Flores is a professor of cardiothoracic surgery and esteemed pleural mesothelioma specialist who holds board-certification in general and thoracic surgery.
- Pioneered development of extrapleural pneumonectomy, a procedure in which a mesothelioma-diseased lung and its pleural lining are surgically removed to improve the patients’ ability to survive.
- Active researcher involved in multiple clinical trials of promising new chemotherapy agents.
- Authored scores of scientific articles and serves on several editorial boards of peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Member of numerous medical and surgical societies.
- Patients’ Choice Award-winner (2008-12).
- Ranked a “Top Doctor” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Chief of the hospital’s Division of Thoracic Surgery.
- M.D. degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine.