Shirish M. Gadgeel is a board-certified medical oncology, hematology and internal medicine physician who specializes in malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Leads the institute’s Thoracic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team, serves as medical director of the Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Unit, and is president of the Medical Executive Committee.
- Appointed to several of the institute’s review committees responsible for evaluating the scientific merit of proposed treatment protocols.
- Research focuses on clinical and translational trials of promising new cancer medicines and treatment strategies.
- Authored more than 40 articles and seven book chapters, serves as reviewer for numerous journals, and sits on the editorial board of Clinical Lung Cancer.
- Teaches at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
- Won the 2012 Cancer Clinical Investigator Team Leadership Award from the National Cancer Institute; named a “Best Doctor” (2011-12).
- M.D. degree from Grant Medical College, University of Bombay.