Ramaswamy Govindan is a board-certified medical oncologist, hematologist and internist who specializes in mesothelioma.
- Serves as the Anheuser-Busch Endowed Chair in Medical Oncology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Takes a team approach to care that draws on the knowledge and skill of other specialists at Siteman Cancer Center.
- Research interest in using genomics to better manage mesothelioma, improve quality of life and lengthen survival.
- Holds a leadership post within the Cancer Genome Atlas project that seeks to describe DNA changes which can occur in the presence of cancer.
- Contributed to a respected analysis of guidelines developed by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network for the management of malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Authored or co-authored more than 200 articles published in prestigious peer-reviewed journals.
- Teaches at Washington University School of Medicine.
- Participates in a number of cancer-focused medical organizations.
- M.D. degree from the University of Madras in India.