Luis J. Herrera is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who uses advanced technology and therapeutics to treat malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Medical director of the Rod Taylor Thoracic Center at MD Anderson Center Orlando.
- Particular expertise in multimodality (using chemotherapy, radiation and surgery) treatment.
- Often performs minimally invasive procedures including robotic-assisted and video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery.
- Published in Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Clinical Chemistry and Journal of Pediatric Surgery.
- Given presentations at several national meetings.
- Member of the American Association of Cancer Research and the American College of Surgeons.
- Won awards from American Association for Cancer Research and National Cancer Institute.
- M.D. degree from University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.