David M. Jablons is a noted thoracic surgeon who specializes in research-driven mesothelioma care.
- Serves as chief of hospital’s General Thoracic Surgery division, leader of Thoracic Oncology, and director of the Thoracic Oncology Lab.
- Clinical focus on tumor immunology and immunotherapy.
- Research interests include molecular pathways for the targeting of specific functions within cancer cells in order to disrupt their growth.
- Authored 31 journal articles between 1997 and 2013, each about the genetic functioning of cancer.
- Teaches at University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine; holds the Ada Distinguished Professorship in Thoracic Oncology; is the Nan T. McEvoy Distinguished Professor of Thoracic Surgical Oncology.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American College of Chest Physicians, American Association for Cancer Research, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and American Surgical Society.
- M.D. degree from Albany Medical College of Union University in New York.