Pasi A. Janne is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician devoted to discovering new mesothelioma treatments.
- Functions as director of Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology and scientific director of BelferInstitute for Applied Cancer Science.
- Studying mutations that occur in healthy cells’ epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) so as to better understand how to defeat cancer’s ability to resist treatment using EGFR-targeted therapeutic agents.
- Teaches at Harvard Medical School.
- Won in a single year (2010) the Research Excellence Award from Uniting Against Lung Cancer and, from the American Association for Cancer Research, the Team Science and Rosenthal Memorial awards.
- M.D. degree from University of Pennsylvania.
- Ph.D. degree from University of Pennsylvania.