Larry R. Kaiser is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats malignant pleural mesothelioma, but accepts very few patients.
- Sterling reputation for medical leadership and skill in the operating room.
- Serves as chief executive officer of Temple University Health System and dean of Temple University School of Medicine.
- Authored or co-authored 14 books and more than 250 scientific papers.
- Editorial board member of nine peer-reviewed journals, including Annals of Surgery, American Journal of Surgery, and Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons.
- Former director of American Board of Surgery and American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
- Elected to Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Member of American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American Surgical Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, Institute of Medicine, Halsted Society, Fleischner Society, American Thoracic Society, American College of Chest Physicians, American College of Radiology, American College of Surgeons, American Society for Clinical Oncology, Longmire Surgical Society, Society of Clinical Surgery, and Society of University Surgeons.
- Listed in “America’s Top Doctors for Cancer,” Who’s Who in the World, and Philadelphia magazine’s “Top Docs.”
- M.D. degree from Tulane University School of Medicine.