Robert Kratzke is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician-researcher striving to increase the survival of patients with mesothelioma.
- Holds title of university’s John Skoglund Chair in Lung Cancer Research.
- Former researcher with the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health.
- Current research emphasis on development of novel targets for mesothelioma therapy and gaining full understanding of how cell cycle-regulator genes lose their function to cancer.
- Lead author or co-author of many journal articles on mesothelioma, especially on the effectiveness of various chemotherapy drugs and cancer cell growth-inhibitor agents.
- Teaches at University of Minnesota School of Medicine.
- M.D. degree from University of Washington School of Medicine.