John C. Kucharczuk is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon working hard to improve the surgical weapons used in the fight against malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Serves as chief of institution’s Division of Thoracic Surgery.
- Solid expertise in the diagnosis mesothelioma; proponent of trimodality treatment strategies when appropriate.
- Research interest in adjuvant treatments and quality outcome measurement methods.
- Authored or co-authored many studies exploring ways to improve treatment effectiveness and outcomes.
- Teaches at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and Association of Academic Surgeons.
- Appointed to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Task Force on Quality Initiatives, and American Joint Council on Cancer.
- Listed as an outstanding doctor by Philadelphia magazine, Best Doctors in America, Suburban Life magazine, America’s Top Doctors, and U.S. News and World Report.
- M.D. degree from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.