Jay M. Lee is a board-certified general, thoracic and cardiac surgeon who specializes in treatment of pleural mesothelioma.
- Serves as chief of the hospital’s thoracic surgery department.
- Advocates use of minimally invasive procedures, thorascopy and video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery when appropriate.
- Research focuses on immunotherapy, gene therapy and drug discovery.
- Member of several important organizations, including the International Mesothelioma Interest Group, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Gene Therapy, Christian Medical and Dental Society, Nano Science and Technology Institute, American Association for Cancer Research, Cancer Immunology Scientific Working Group, and American Association for Thoracic Surgery.
- Ranked a “Best Doctor” (2009-10), named to Los Angeles Magazine’s “Super Doctors” list (2010-11).
- M.D. degree from UCLA School of Medicine.