James D. Maloney is an acknowledged authority on video-assisted thorascopic surgery (VATS) lung lobectomy procedures. He treats mesothelioma patients.
- Board certified in thoracic and cardiac surgery.
- Specializes in general thoracic and oncologic surgery, including treatment of lung cancer in its various forms.
- Expertise in minimally invasive surgery, including treatment of mediastinal disease, thoracoscopic lobectomy and lung volume reductions surgery.
- Teaches at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
- Research interests include the use of remote virtual assessment of pulmonary nodules as a means of expediting lung cancer care.
- Authored and co-authored approximately 20 peer reviewed journal articles on various thoracic conditions and treatments.
- Repeatedly honored by Madison Magazine as a “Top Doc.”
- Recipient of UW Health 2015 award for physician excellence.
- M.D. degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio.