David P. Mason is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats patients suffering from malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Advocates use of minimally invasive thoracoscopic and laparoscopic surgery when appropriate.
- Superbly trained lung-transplantation specialist.
- Authored or co-authored medical textbook chapters and numerous articles in publications including the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Circulation, and Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation, and American College of Chest Physicians.
- M.D. degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.