John Mitchell is a board-certified general, thoracic and cardiac surgeon who served in the U.S. Navy Reserve and now treats mesothelioma victims.
- Heads the team as Chief of General Thoracic Surgery.
- Clinical interests include lung transplantation, robotic-assisted surgery and advanced thoracoscopic surgery.
- Currently on editorial boards of eight peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Held rank of commander in U.S. Navy Reserve Medical Corps.
- Teaches at University of Colorado at Denver School of Medicine; holds Courtenay C. and Lucy Patten Davis Endowed Chair in Thoracic Surgery.
- Won Patients’ Choice Award (2008-09, 2012).
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons and American College of Chest Physicians.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Western Thoracic Surgical Assn., American College of Surgeons Oncology Group, Bay Area Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Colorado Thoracic Society, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, Southwest Oncology Group, Denver Academy of Surgery, American Society of Clinical Oncology, General Thoracic Surgical Club, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, and American Association for Thoracic Surgery.
- M.D. degree from University of Michigan Medical School.