Sudish Murthy is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who specializes in malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Serves as surgical director of the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Institute’s Center of Major Airway Disease.
- Clinical interests include broncoscopic, laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and other types of minimally invasive surgery.
- Research interests center around understanding the biologic workings of tumors.
- Authored or co-authored a number of medical textbook chapters and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians and American College of Surgeons.
- Member of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Society of Surgical Oncology, General Thoracic Surgical Club, Esophageal Surgical Club, and Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
- Won the 2005 Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award.
- M.D. degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Ph.D. degree from University of British Columbia.