Francis C. Nichols III is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who specializes in mesothelioma.
- Chair of Mayo Clinic’s Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery.
- Strong proponent of multidisciplinary team approach and use of multimodality treatment as appropriate.
- Authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Teaches at Mayo Medical School.
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons.
- Member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- M.D. degree from University of Virginia.