Amit N. Patel is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats mesothelioma.
- Director of university’s Clinical Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering Department.
- Strong advocate of using minimally invasive procedures and hyperthermic chemotherapy when possible.
- Research concentrates around cancer stem-cell identification and destruction, as well as development of novel agents to selectively attack specific cancers.
- Participating in clinical trials of treatments using autologous adult stem-cells.
- Authored or co-authored a number of peer-reviewed journal articles describing findings related to therapeutic use of adult stem-cells.
- Teaches at University of Utah School of Medicine.
- Won Patients’ Choice Award and “Compassionate Doctor” recognition.
- M.D. degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.