David C. Rice is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon known around world for his work in mesothelioma.
- Clinical interest in minimally invasive forms of surgery.
- Consulting surgeon for veterans at VA Medical Center, Houston.
- Written numerous peer-reviewed journal articles on study findings relevant to mesothelioma treatment.
- Teaches at University of Texas School of Medicine.
- Served on Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation’s Science Advisory Board (2008-11) and on IASLC Mesothelioma Staging Committee (London).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
- Member of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Chest Physicians, American College of Surgeons Oncology Group, American Medical Association, and Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
- Won 2004 Award on Aging from Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- M.D. degree from Trinity College School of Medicine, Dublin.