Lary A. Robinson is a board-certified general, critical care, cardiac, and thoracic surgeon who treats pleural mesothelioma patients.
- Serves as director of the Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Proponent of multimodality treatment approach, including extrapleural pneumonectomy at earliest possible stage of disease progression.
- Advocates team approach to treatment; favors use of minimally invasive surgery and video-assisted thoracic surgery when appropriate.
- Authored more than 100 articles, papers and textbook chapters; first time he addressed mesothelioma was in a 1994 article in the journal Chest (“Localized pleural mesothelioma: the clinical spectrum.”)
- Winner of Patients’ Choice Award (2008-12); named a Castle Connolly “America’s Top Doctor” (2009-12) and “Top Doctor for Cancer” (2005-07, 2009-12).
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons and American College of Chest Physicians.
- Diplomate of American Board of Surgery and American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
- Holds a seat on the Science Advisory Board of the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation.
- M.D. degree from Washington University School of Medicine.