Valerie W. Rusch is a board-certified surgeon who specializes in pleural mesothelioma.
- Noted for excellent diagnostic skills.
- Uses minimally invasive and robotically-assisted surgery techniques as appropriate.
- Active clinical researcher focusing on the genetics and treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Authored medical textbook chapters on mesothelioma and peer-reviewed articles in surgery and oncology journals.
- Formerly taught at the University of Washington.
- Serves as hospital’s vice-chair for clinical research, chair of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, board member of the American College of Surgeons, and chair of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer staging committee’s subcommittee on mesothelioma.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- M.D. degree from College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University.