Ravi Salgia is a board-certified oncology and internal medicine physician who specializes in mesothelioma.
- Recognized authority on thoracic oncology; often called in to consult on international cases.
- Credited with developing a strong program of novel therapies for thoracic malignancies.
- Serves as director of the hospital’s Chest Oncology and Thoracic Oncology Research Program, currently attempting to develop biomarkers that might aid in early diagnosis, more reliable prognosis, and better monitoring of how well treatment is working.
- Associate editor for several peer-reviewed journals; written numerous articles published in prestigious journals; contributed to textbooks on thoracic malignancies.
- Member of the American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, and International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
- M.D. degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine.