Matthew J. Schuchert is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats mesothelioma.
- Specialized in all aspects of thoracic surgical oncology, radiofrequency ablation, and CyberKnife.
- Written numerous chapters and peer-reviewed journal articles on development of new therapies; guest reviewer for Annals of Thoracic Surgery, British Journal of Cancer, Diseases of the Esophagus, JCTVS, Surgical Endoscopy, World Journal of Gastroenterology, and World Journal of Surgery.
- Teaches at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Society of University Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Association of Immunologists, American Medical Association, and Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
- M.D. degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.