George R. Simon is a board-certified medical oncology, hematology and internal medicine physician recognized as an expert in malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Serves as center’s assistant director of Clinical Investigation and leads school’s Center of Economic Excellence (CoEE) in Tobacco Related Malignancy Research.
- Recognizes the urgency of improving cancer detection, diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- Research energies are devoted to developing novel targeted agents for the treatment of mesothelioma and understanding glucose metabolism in tumors.
- Responsible for developing new clinical trials and maximizing patient participation.
- Authored or co-authored many peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Teaches at Medical University of South Carolina.
- Fellow of American College of Physicians.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists.
- Listed as a Castle Connolly’s “America’s Top Doctors” (2009-12) and a “Top Doctor for Cancer” (2009-12).
- M.D. degree from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India.