Paul H. Sugarbaker is a board-certified general surgeon who specializes in peritoneal mesothelioma research and treatment.
- World-class diagnostician and oncologist known for offering very strong emotional support to patients.
- Relies on state-of-the-art testing protocols, treatment procedures and follow-up care guidelines.
- Research interest in testing assumptions about peritoneal mesothelioma and reshaping current thinking about the disease, such as in a 2005 International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health article that looked mostly at college-educated men and their risk of developing peritoneal mesothelioma following slight asbestos exposure.
- Started the Foundation for Applied Research in Gastrointestinal Oncology.
- Authored more than 90 papers and peer-reviewed journal articles; holds a post on the editorial board of European Journal of Surgical Oncology.
- Founding member of the International Society of Regional Cancer Therapy.
- M.D. degree from Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University.