Stephen G. Swisher is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon internationally recognized for blazing new paths in field of gene therapy as treatment for mesothelioma and other cancers.
- Serving as temporary head of M.D. Anderson’s Surgery Division.
- Clinical practice involves complex cases that can benefit from multimodality treatment approaches that include novel gene therapy strategies.
- Author of more than 260 peer-reviewed publications.
- Teaches at University of Texas School of Medicine.
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons.
- Vice chair of Southwest Oncology Group’s Lung Committee; member of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists’ Lung Cancer Working Group.
- Member of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American Board of Thoracic Surgery, American College of Surgeons Oncology Group, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology, American Surgical Association, Society of Surgical Oncology, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Listed among “America’s Top Doctors” (2009-13), “America’s Top Doctors for Cancer (2007-13), and “America’s Top Surgeons” (2009-13).
- M.D. degree from Trinity College School of Medicine, Dublin.