Betty C. Tong is a board-certified general, thoracic and cardiac surgeon who specializes in malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Considered highly skilled in use of minimally invasive and video-assisted thoracic surgery procedures.
- Research interest in advanced thoracic oncology and lung-volume reduction techniques.
- Authored or co-authored numerous articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Teaches at Duke University School of Medicine.
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists.
- M.D. degree from Duke University School of Medicine.
- M.H.S. degree from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.