Joseph A. Treat is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician who specializes in malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Delivers care as part of a multispecialty team that includes surgeons, radiation oncologists and pulmonologists.
- Favors use of comprehensive imaging, endoscopic and laboratory tests in conjunction with biopsies to ensure reliability of the mesothelioma diagnosis.
- Trained to provide highest possible quality of life with palliative care and accompanying positive emotional support.
- Currently engaged in studies of new drugs and therapeutic agents to treat mesothelioma and lung cancer.
- Written or co-written a number of peer-reviewed journal articles on topics including the results of evaluations of chemotherapy drug combinations.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- M.D. degree from Temple University School of Medicine.