Eric Vallieres is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon who treats malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Holds post of surgical director for Swedish Medical Center’s Lung Cancer Program.
- Noted for views that patients should be provided complete information about the disease in order to make fully empowered care decisions.
- Clinical specialty is robot-assisted and thorascopic surgery.
- Serves as lead investigator in several clinical trials to test the effectiveness of immunotherapy agents and other treatment modalities.
- Co-author of “Trimodality Therapy for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma,” a presentation delivered at the annual Society of Thoracic Surgeons meeting.
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada, Society of Thoracic Surgery, Western Thoracic Surgical Association, American College of Surgeons Oncology Group, American Society of Clinical Oncology, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, General Thoracic Surgical Club, Southwest Oncology Group, and Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Voted a “Top Doctor” in Seattle magazine (2009-13) and in Seattle Metropolitan magazine (2009-10).
- M.D. degree from Universite Laval, Quebec.