Tracy L. Weigel is a board-certified general, thoracic and cardiothoracic-vascular surgeon on the cutting edge of mesothelioma research and treatment.
- Known for bold, ahead-of-the-curve initiatives, such as robotic thoracoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound programs.
- Serves as division director of institute’s Thoracic Surgery department and medical director of the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program.
- Advocates use of minimally invasive surgical procedures, including laparoscopy/laparoscopic and thoracoscopic approaches when appropriate.
- Co-author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles discussing findings of studies looking into the advantages and disadvantages of lobectomies, sublobar resections and intraoperative brachytherapy.
- M.D. degree from University of Rochester School of Medicine.