Stephen C. Yang is a board-certified general and thoracic surgeon with expertise in mesothelioma.
- Advocates using video-assisted and robotic thoracic surgery when appropriate.
- Research focuses on molecular techniques in mesothelioma screening and staging.
- Editor of Practical Reviews in Chest Medicine and guest editor/ reviewer for numerous peer review journals; co-editor of the book “Current Therapy in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery”; series editor-in-chief of “The Early Diagnosis of Cancer.”
- Teaches at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Serves as director of the hospital’s Thoracic Oncology Program and as associate vice-chair for faculty development.
- M.D. degree from Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine.