Sami Youakim is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
- Directs the Occupational Medicine Clinic.
- Teaches as an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of British Columbia and as an associate member in the School of Population and Public Health.
- Works as an occupational medicine consultant in private practice.
- Serves on the editorial board for the journal Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health.
- Conducts research in occupational respiratory diseases, occupational cancer, hand-arm vibration syndrome, occupational disease screening, exposure monitoring, and prevention.
- Serves as a medical advisor for the Workers’ Compensation Board’s Occupational Disease Service.
- Has written numerous articles on mesothelioma, the effects of chrysotile asbestos on workers, and related topics.
- M.D. degree from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.