Claire F. Verschraegen is a board-certified medical oncology and internal medicine physician who treats mesothelioma patients.
- Serves as the center’s director of Clinical Sciences and of the Hematology – Oncology Unit.
- Participates in research projects with four cooperative cancer groups.
- Research interests include chemotherapy combinations, biomarkers and tissue-sparing procedures.
- Authored or co-authored many influential, groundbreaking articles on cancer care published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Teaches at University of Vermont College of Medicine.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, American College of Physicians, and Connective Tissue Oncology Society.
- M.D. degree from Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium.